Thursday 5 August 2021

Emma Twigg Article

 W.A.L.T Write an newspaper article

Emma Gets Gold For NZ

By:Dakota Delaney


Emma Twigg she won her heat at the Olympics doing woman Single Scull, At Tokyo 2020 Olympics.“It felt pretty special; it's been a long time coming.”Emma said.


Emma began rowing in 2001 for Hawke’s Bay Rowing Club and Napier Girls ‘ high school. Within 2 years she was representing NZ for the first time at the 2003 world rowing championships in Athens Greece. 


After 2 years in a boat class, Emma switched to rowing as a single scull and in 2005 won gold at the World Rowing Junior Championships and placed 4th at the World Rowing U23 Championships in Amsterdam.She won heat 6 and she is in the finals and we are going to watch it in the afternoon.


There is a boy in Room 1 which is related to Emma. 

For reading Room 1 & 2 have been learning about her and all the other Olympic people. 

Emma Twigg took home the win in her single scull heat she took home the gold for New Zealand.


New Zealand's Emma Twigg on her way to victory in her heat of the women's single scull at the Tokyo Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post