Thursday 20 May 2021

Reading

 W.A.L.T.Identify, analyse, and record the various devices the writer has used to convey humour and irony

We did our reading slides and we had to do this sheet here it is


Literary Devices 

Examples in the poem 

Irony 





Banana skins for extra grip on the soles of your shoes

Humour






don’t blame me. That’s just the way things turn out sometimes. Your day could’ve been worse! That’s what I say. 


Imperative phrases





Clean yourself 

Just get into the bath fully dressed.

Rhyme







and at the same time wash your clothes

is easier than you might suppose.

Rhythm








Just get into the bath fully dressed.

Squirt shampoo everywhere, and the rest

takes care of itself. Who’d have guessed?

Other (For example alliteration) 










Personal Response: 

It was weird because he was saying the opposite.

Maybe someone tried it it would not be fun but it was was a good poem it was funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post